What is now the smallest café in Ghent, used to be the tripe house, where less well-off people could purchase entrails.
Because of hygienic reasons these could not be sold in the Butchers' Hall itself. The name of the café, however, refers to the function of the rear side. Condemned men and women waited there for the execution of their sentences.
18th-century “brown café”, the smallest in Ghent, which has been a café non-stop since 1776.
The terrace is larger than the café.
Two basement halls for parties, also larger than the actual café.