Provided by: LTM-Manfred Krellenberg

Lübeck by boat

Take a relaxing boat tour along the small canals and waterways and experience Lübeck from a different angle. -City-Schifffahrt- Departure: at "An der Obertrave"(next to the Music and Congress Centre) and from two piers located at "An der Untertrave" Mar – Apr and Oct: daily 11 am, 12.30 am, 2 pm, 3.30 pm May – Sep: daily 10 am, 11.30 am, 1 pm, 2.30 pm, 4 pm, 5.30 pm Phone: +494512963424 -Quandt Linie Lübeck- Departure: "Holstentorterrassen" (an der Overtrave) quay and Wallhalbinsel (next to the Music and Conress Centre) May – Oct: daily 10 am – 6 pm, every half an hour, during low season at reduced times Phone: +4945177799 or +4945173884 -Stühff - Lübecker Barkassenfahrt- Departure: An der Obertrave 15a Daily: 10 am – 5.30 pm, every 90 minutes, during low season at reduced times Phone: +494517078222 Tour from Lübeck to Travemünde -Hanse Fahrt- Departure: from Untertrave Hansemuseum to Travemünde Kaiserbrücke, Daily: 1 pm and 5 pm, during low season at reduced times Tour: 90 min. Phone: +4901635475773 Book the tickets for MS Hanse here:
Read more

Willy-Brandt-House Lübeck

Dramatic staging and multimedia services are used which allow visitors to gain a much better understanding of the German history of the 20th century. The permanent exhibition of the German Federal Chancellor Willy Brandt Foundation shows photos from all stages of the famous politician's life. Official documents, which include the letter to John F. Kennedy written immediately after the Berlin Wall was built, and the manuscript of the government declaration from 1969 with the famous slogan "let's dare more democracy", are just as much part of the exhibition as Brandt's school leaving certificate or a letter to Nora, his daughter living in Norway. Interview transcripts and newsreels show the public appearance of Willy Brandt from his time as mayor in Berlin up to his resignation as German Federal Chancellor.
Read more


The Füchtingshof is located in Glockengießerstraße below St. Catherine’s church. It is one of the biggest and magnificent courtyards in Lübeck. The listed early Baroque housing area belongs to the charity foundation “Johann Füchting Testament” that still exists today as an autonomous foundation. Since 1639 the courtyard serves as a housing estate for widows of sailors and merchants. After a modernization and renovation in the 1970s 28 apartments are available. Still inhabited today, this courtyard became an oasis in the center of the Old Town.
Read more

St. Jacob's

St. Jacob's is easy to recognise from a distance as it has four spherical globes on the tower's helm edge. The three-naved Gothic brick hall church (built in 1334) has been the church of seafarers since the Middle Ages. It was consecrated together with St. Mary's and St. Peter's. Since the church did not suffer any damage during the 2nd World War, the boxed pew and historic organ are still intact. The small "Stellwagen organ" is one of the best preserved examples of North German organs from the 16th century. A lifeboat commemorates the sinking of the four-masted barque "Pamir" in 1957. It is located in the north tower chapel and represents the "National Memorial for Civilian Shipping" today.
Read more
View on map