Provided by: g
Our Lady of the Assumption ChurchThe guide was updated:
The church is situated in the old part of the town, just beside the Nobel house of the Orduña’s. This construction was built between 1740 and 1753 over the plot of land where the primitive temple used to be and dates from the Christian Conquest (XIII century). The church was burnt and plundered during the Civil War and was again changed in 1962, shortening its length and changing the ground floor, this led to the loss of the cupola and the transept.
Between 1995 and 1996 we undertook the task of renovation and interior decoration in order to save the present day building.