Provided by: Vladimir Tos
Museum of National Liberation MariborThe guide was updated:
You are more than welcome to visit the historical museum, which deals with museology and historiograhical proceedings of modern history of Northeastern Slovenia. The museum can be found in a bourgeois villa in the city centre on the corner of the streets Mladinska and Ulica heroja Tomšiča.
The museum's specialty is its archives with more than 120 metres of first-class material of occupier and partisan origin. The permanent exhibition shows happenings in the region of Maribor between World War II. In all six exhibition rooms visitors learn about:
- the Nazi occupation,
- the occupier's Germanizational measures of the Slovenian population and
- the organization of the resistance and the operations of the resistance groups and partisan units in this part of Slovenia from 1941 up to the end of the war.
We offer professional guided tours through the exhibitions and collections if you are interested in more detailed information on the above.
Beside the exhibitions in the museum house in Maribor, the museum has permanent exhibitions on Osankarica, in Ribnica na Pohorju and at St. Primož on Pohorje.
- Address: Ulica heroja Tomšiča 5, 2000 Maribor
- More Info: http://www.muzejno-mb.si
- Opening hours: Monday-Friday 8.00 am-5.00 pm, Saturday 9.00 am-12.00 pm, Sunday and Holidays closed, by the prior arrangement also outside the opening hours
- Website: www.muzejno-mb.si
- Phone: +386 (0)2 23 52 600, +386 (0)2 235 26 05
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org