Oslo is an exceptionally modern capital with a large variety of ethnic cuisines, gourmet restaurants, and classic eateries. The city is also one of the most expensive in the world. For that reason, prices are generally high.
However, if you are traveling on a budget, cheaper alternatives serving good quality food can be found all around the city.
Here are a few cheap eats in Oslo:
- Syverkiosken: an iconic hot dog stand
- Illegal Burger: homemade gourmet burgers served at two locations in Oslo
- Freddy Fuego Burrito Bar: freshly-made burritos in the heart of Oslo
- Mamma Pizza Osteria: tasty pizza and pasta for a great price
- Munchies: popular hamburger restaurant with several locations around Oslo
- Haralds Vaffel: waffle shop
- Tuk Tuk Thai: Thai restaurant
Below you will find some of the best places to eat in Oslo, Norway: