Provided by: UM Rzeszow

The Market Square

The central square of the Old Town is the Market Square with the Town Hall and a well from the 17th century. The present Market is slightly diff erent from the original 15th-century appearance - only the three frontages are built-up with tenement houses that have undergone reconstructi on over the centuries. There are hotels, restaurants, clubs, pubs, museums and various institutions. One of the more interesti ng is the tenement house No. 19. The fragments of brick-stone walls and Gothic arches and lintels discovered in the basement that can be seen in the Underground Tourist Route, date back to the beginning of the 15th and 16th centuries. On summer evenings, near the Town Hall you can watch the performances of famous singers, music and vocal groups and dance troupes.
Read more

City Hall

The central square of the Old Town is the Market Square with the Town Hall and a well from the 17th century. The present Market is slightly diff erent from the original 15th-century appearance - only the three frontages are built-up with tenement houses that have undergone reconstructi on over the centuries. There are hotels, restaurants, clubs, pubs, museums and various insti tuti ons. One of the more interesti ng is the tenement house No. 19. The fragments of brick-stone walls and Gothic arches and lintels discovered in the basement that can be seen in the Underground Tourist Route, date back to the beginning of the 15th and 16th centuries. On summer evenings, near the Town Hall you can watch the performances of famous singers, music and vocal groups and dance troupes.
Read more

The Rzeszów Cellars

UNDERGROUND TOURIST ROUTE „RZESZOW CELLARS” Underground Tourist Route, 369 m long, runs under the tenant houses and the Market Square. It consists of 25 basements and 15 corridors, reaching up to 10 m deep under the ground, named to refl ect their functi on and the town’s history. You can fi nd there the relics of medieval walls, signs of fi re, remains of iron bars and hinges, few hundred’s years old hand shaped bricks, hidden passages. In lowe parts various goods were stored and during the Tatar invasions and wars they consti tuted a shelter for the inhabitants of the castle. There is a Tourist Informati on Desk at the entrance to the Underground Tourist Route.
Read more

The Fara Church

ST.STANISLAUS AND ST. WOJCIECH FARA CHURCH The church probably existed before 1363, but it was destroyed during the great fi re. Only the Gothic presbytery, dati ng back to the beginning of the 15th century, remained. In the fi rst half of the 17th century a belfry was erected, and in 1754 the main aisle was rebuilt, lateral aisles were added and it was given a baroque décor. In the chancel there are gravestones of the Rzeszow’s families. In the years 1962-1965 a thorough restorati on of the church took place.
Read more

3 MAJA STREET

The oldest street in Rzeszow’s old town, at the same time the most representative. There is the fara church, the Piarist convent, the statue of Tadeusz Nalepa, many dining options, “Zorza” cinema - the oldest cinema in the city. The street before the partitions was called Pijarska. On the map from 1826 it is listed as Expiaristengasse, or popijarska, but two years later it was already known as Herrengasse - Pańska street. In the interwar period, despite having the official name of “3 Maja” it was called “Pańska” and also “Paniega”. After the renovation in 2017, the street gained a pre-war look. As a result of the archaeological work carried out at the house No. 14, a window of time has been created showing how the street surface has changed over the centuries.
Read more

The Piarist Monastery

The Piarist Convention included a church, a monastery and a school. The postpiarist complex featres the church of St. Cross in the centre, built between 1644-1649 according to the design of Tylman of Gameren. It is a one-nave temple with two towers in the facade and a chapel on the north side. Late baroque decor with stucco decorations by Jan Ch. Falconi from the end of the 17th century. In the chancel, at the entrance to the sacristy, there is a mausoleum of the Lubomirskis family. In the monastery building there is now the Regional Museum, with rich collections in the fields of art, history, ethnography and archaeology, exhibited in the form of permanent exhibitions (e.g. Galeria Dąbskich) or temporary exhibitions. In the old refectory you can see frescoes from the end of the 17th century. The Piarists founded the Collegium Ressoviense next to the monastery in 1658. Fr. Stanislaw Konarski taught here - currently the patron of Secondary School No. 1. The school is one of the oldest in Poland. Many of its students were glorified on the pages of Polish history and in culture. Ignacy Łukasiewicz, Jozef S. Pelczar, Wladyslaw Sikorski, Władysław Szafer or Julian Przyboś.
Read more

The Lubomirski Castle

The construction of the castle was started at the end of the 16th century by the contemporary owner of Rzeszow - Nicholas Spytek Ligęza. In the second half of the 17th century the Lubomirskis expanded the castle and encamped it with a stone wall with bastions. It owes its current appearance to the last redevelopment performed at the turn of the 19th and 20th century. At present, the castle houses the District Court. Transformation of the castle nto a cultural institution is being planned at the moment.
Read more

Round Footbridge

Round footbridge is the only object of this type in Europe. In addition to its innovative shape, it is distinguished by the selection of finishing materials: specially bent and hardened glass, elevator shafts, exotic wood, resistant to changing weather conditions alongside illumination of the whole object. This unique structure was created over the intersection of al. Piłsudskiego and Grunwaldzka St.- one of the most frequented places of the main communication artery in Rzeszow. Thanks to its location, the footbridge provides an excellent viewpoint.
Read more

Bernardine Monastery Complex

Bernardine monastery with The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Church was established in the first half of the 17th century. Originally it was the site of a wooden church, built in 1536. In the chancel there are gravestones of the Ligęza family. At the Shrine of Our Lady of Rzeszow - Patroness of Rzeszow - there is a late Gothic figurine of Our Lady with the Child from 1513. In 2008 the church received the title of Minor Basilica. At the foot of the Monastery there are Bernardine Gardens arranged in Italian style. They are open every day 7:00-21:00.
Read more
View on map